There are plenty of places to eat and drink throughout Cornwall and over the border into Devon! We have a few favourites and some really good go-to places too!
Close at hand ...
For the immediate area you could try the following:
- The Market Inn, St Cleer, just over a mile from us, serves a limited menu but good pub food and a decent pint. Dog friendly in the bar too.
- Wheal Tor, Pensilva, under 4 miles away, on Caradon Hill and with fabulous views.
- Inkie's Smokehouse Barbecue, open 10-4 Weds to Sun, located at the edge of the car park at Golitha Falls and you can walk there from Hendrifton Farm. They offer home smoked meats with homemade sauces.
- Olive and Co, café at Siblyback lake. Open daily, mainly vegetarian and vegan but do serve bacon! Fabulous cake too.
Delivered to your door ...
If you want to stay in but don't want to cook then you could have a takeaway delivered to your door at Hendrifton farm:
- Tapenades, Liskeard. Have a delicious 3 course meal delivered to your cottage or your pitch! Sue prepares the food and Mike will deliver it at an agreed time.
- Martin and Nang's Thai. Thai food freshly cooked by Nang and delivered by her husband Martin. No MSG, artificial colours or flavourings, and they are willing to cater for special diets too. Open alternate Friday and Saturday nights.
- Indian takeaway, there is a choice of 3 in Liskeard, all offering takeaway or home delivery - Everest Tandoori restaurant, Himalayan Spice restaurant and Ghurka tandoori takeaway
- Chinese takeaway, both outlets in Liskeard will deliver to Hendrifton Farm - New Lai Wan and Hot Wok.
- Daddios kebab and pizza, haven't tried the kebabs but the pizzas are delicious!
Further afield ...
We have found a few delights a little further afield:
- The Hidden Hut, Porthcurnick Beach, Roseland Peninsula. You need to walk a while to find it but it is worth it! Open daily, 10am - 5pm. Great local produce in a superb location. Special feast nights are available and need to be pre booked - bring your own plate!
- The Rashleigh Inn and Sams on the Beach, Polkerris. Two great eateries next door to each other on the bay at Polkerris. It's probably best to book for both. Rashleigh Inn is dog friendly and serves a great pint. Sam's is a little more trendy bistro!
- The Duchy of Cornwall Nursery Café, Lostwithiel. Great stopping point, large cafe with seating inside, outside and in the greenhouse too. Dog friendly throughout.
- Jamaica Inn, Bolventor. A bit of history while you eat and drink. Pub food, keeps a good pint and dog friendly too.
- Britannia Inn and Waves Restaurant, Par. An easy pub to call in to on the way back from a day out further west.